Select to view content in your preferred language

Export map failed

4 weeks ago
Labels (1)
RafaelLaborda
New Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to export a map to PDF but when doing so the ArcGIS 10.8.1 program freezes and closes.

What could be happening to make this happen?

I have tried different projects but I am not successful in any of them; It must be something from the program; although until a week ago I could do it without a problem.

Thanks for the help.

All the best.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffHouser
Occasional Contributor

Hello Rafael,

Are you successful to export a map as another format (e.g. jpg, bmp)?  If you are successful to export a map using another format, the issue would then be limited to pdf format.  Let me know what you find out.

~Jeff

0 Kudos
RafaelLaborda
New Contributor
Hello,

I can't export to any format.

The program turns off.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
JeffHouser
Occasional Contributor

Based on searches, this issue may be related to an empty or blank text box in the layout.  If you do have an empty or blank text box in layout, remove the empty or blank text box from the layout.  Other thing to try to narrow down the source to the issue, is to create a new map, a simple map with 1-featureclass, and then try to export.

~Jeff 

0 Kudos
RafaelLaborda
New Contributor
Good morning,

After reinstalling the program, doing multiple tests and trying different mxds, the export map tool still does not work for me.

It keeps getting stuck and the program closes; not being able to select the format to export to; pdf, jpg...

Thanks for the help.

All the best.

0 Kudos