Exporting excel file with geopoint data included

2 weeks ago
jcucsc
by
New Contributor

I am attempting to export a survey that includes questions asking users to drop a pin with their location on a map.

when I export as excel or csv files, there are no columns for the map questions (no geopoint). I would like to export records that include columns for the longitude and latitude of each map point (and there are usually 2-3 maps being displayed and recording points).

the map data is recording and can be viewed when I’m in survey123 online, it’s just not showing up with the rest of the records when I export.

Any help would be great! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you want lat/long you have to use static text fields and calculate them in the form using pulldata. Note if you move the point later outside of 123 these do not update.   

This is a great post on how  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/pulling-data-from-geopoint-questions/ba-p/896838

ArcGIS stores data in a shape field not as static lat longs that is why they are not there on export.

I suggest you take a look at ArcGIS for Excel.  You can link directly to the service and see the 123 data live time with no export needed.  Plus you can have a map right there on the side in Excel.  Way slicker than old CSVs.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos