Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow a user to edit another submitters record in S123 OOTB Data Page?

4 weeks ago
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

S123 on Enterprise Portal 10.8.1.

I know this is documented as not being technically possible, but I have a use case.

We have call takers in a call centre submitting new records using S123 web designed form using their allocated accounts. We then have assessors in other parts of the country using the S123 OOTB Data page to monitor for these records. They want to be able to select these records and edit them using their different allocated accounts. However, OOTB does not let users edit other submitters records in the Data page (except for the survey owner and admin).

• The assessors are creator user types with publisher roles.
  • The underlying feature layer and views all have the correct editing settings permitted for the necessary accounts using groups
  • I don't want to facilitate this by embedding the survey in an app or dashboard, I just want to be able to do this in the S123 Survey Data Page
  • We are using a webform, not the field app

Is there any way this is technically possible?

Thanks
Derek

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

It sounds like the ability to do it on the OOTB Survey123 page isn't there as you've said, so I can't imagine there's a way around it when you have the settings as such and it's documented directly on the sharing settings that this is the case.

The other idea I had since you don't want to have to use the form to edit, you could create an editing app either with Instant Apps or Experience Builder and add the layers to a map/table in there that you could edit? It's a new app but it's editing the data tables instead of the form like you want. Could that work instead maybe?

0 Kudos
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @RobertAnderson3, that could work but we were really trying to have to avoid having to build and maintain a separate app, just use OOTB S123.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible then, especially seeing the note right in the Collaborate page.

RobertAnderson3_0-1716464834469.png

This could be something you suggest as an idea for a future update in the Ideas forum though if you'd like to see it implemented in the future.

Our editing workflow is displaying the data in Power BI along with a generated link to open the specific entry in the Survey123 field app, though it can just as easily be set to the webform. And you don't need to have it in Power BI necessarily, that's just where we have ours.

I'm not sure if you could set up a calculation field in Survey123 itself to create this link (or if a hyperlink in a Survey123 field is clickable from the OOTB web page even) as it needs the globalID but it's an option as well.

0 Kudos