"ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression" for using Area Solar Calculation tool

3 weeks ago
Labels (3)
AlexKazemi
New Contributor II

1.png2.pngHello,

I am attempting to use the "Area Solar Calculation" tool in ArcGIS, but I encounter an error whenever I run the tool with my DTM raster layer for a full day's calculation. I have verified that my raster values do not contain any negative values. Could someone please help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

add *.tif to the output name since you appear to be directing the output to a folder.

The other error at the bottom is about the extent, so check the other parameters in the tool's settings

large rasters with other tools also fail with that error message so perhaps try a smaller area as a test

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AlexKazemi
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response. I've updated the output file name as suggested, but I'm still encountering the same error. Additionally, the raster file is not large, so I don't believe file size is contributing to the issue. Do you have any other possible solutions?

1.png

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

"unable to set analysis window"

Did you investigate that?

"not too large"  you may be ignoring temporary rasters that are being created during the process, so try a smaller area and examine the extent settings.

A similar error was found for the points solar radiation tool

BUG-000141252 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

so try its suggestion

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos