Select to view content in your preferred language

Mobile Map will not package due to my imported XY Coordinates

Jump to solution
Wednesday
Labels (2)
anewman109
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to create a Mobile Map for offline use (in Field Maps app) through ArcGISPro. However, it gives me a General Function Failure error message every time I try to to create the mobile map. The error only occurs when I have added my own coordinates as points (it will upload as a mobile map with only the base map layers). 

Here are the steps I am using: 

1) Use World Imagery set to WGS84 as the projection

2) Use XY Table to Point to add my three separate coordinate lists as layers, making sure that they match the World Imagery's projection of WGS84

3) Everything appears in the correct placement on the map. The coordinates show the correct sites in my study area. 

4) I go to Share, Mobile Map, select Reference Online Content, analyze it for errors (no errors show), then when I run it the error message of "General Function Failure" appears. 

5) I try to use Repair Geometry. It says that there are no errors except for one of the .csv files that is no different than the other two where it says there is 'null data'. HOWEVER, when I erase even this one .csv file that has geometry errors, it still will not upload as a mobile map. 

So, having tried to set all the projections as the same and having tried to fix geometry, what are my options for troubleshooting? Can anyone help me figure out how to add my own coordinates? Is it the .csv file that's the issue? Should I use .kml instead? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you adding the .csv using XY Table to Point?  (I would expect packaging to work .csv data added this way)

MarkBockenhauer_0-1718890341332.png

One thing you could try is using Export Features to create a new feature class from your added .csv data, and try creating a mobile map package that includes it.  Slightly different code path than repair geometry, perhaps it will yield a different result?  

MarkBockenhauer_1-1718890553550.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you adding the .csv using XY Table to Point?  (I would expect packaging to work .csv data added this way)

MarkBockenhauer_0-1718890341332.png

One thing you could try is using Export Features to create a new feature class from your added .csv data, and try creating a mobile map package that includes it.  Slightly different code path than repair geometry, perhaps it will yield a different result?  

MarkBockenhauer_1-1718890553550.png

anewman109
New Contributor

Thank you! Your solution worked immediately. I appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos