Map ribbons are frozen after opening a Pro project

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
ColeSutton
New Contributor II

After I open an ArcGIS Pro project, the ribbons at the top are basically frozen. They are not greyed out, but I cannot switch ribbons or select any of the visible tools. Basically, everything in the yellow circled area below is unclickable.

However, I can click tools in the quick access toolbar, and I can open the Sign-in Status dropdown. And by messing around I've discovered a workaround: if I open Sign-in Status dropdown and click Manage Portals, then back out of the Portals menu, at that point the ribbons become unfrozen and I can use everything normally.

ColeSutton_0-1714599788876.png

Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't found any existing discussions about the issue. I already tried reinstalling Pro to see if it was a glitch unique to my install. The issue persists after reinstalling.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColeSutton
New Contributor II

FWIW, I also notice that the quick access toolbar only shows the default tools at first. Only after using my workaround, where I click Manage Portals then back out of the Portals menu, does the quick access toolbar display the additional tools I've added.

0 Kudos