Including labels with clustered features

2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
davedoesgis
Occasional Contributor III

I have an ArcGIS Pro map layer that has labels turned on. I've also turned on aggregation with clustering. At my map scale, I don't expect to have more than 3-5 features clustered. The clustering feature is great, except I lose my labels!

davedoesgis_0-1715208684338.png

I'd like to keep my map labels. Ideally, a cluster could have a single label that stacks the clustered features in a bulleted list or something like that. Is there any way to do that? 

BAD SOLUTION: I guess I could turn off clustering, create anno for the layer, and then turn the clustering back on. This would create multiple labels (anno) for the clustered point. I guess this is better than what I have now, but I'd prefer the cluster to have a single label. Also, like anything involving anno, you have to redo it whenever your dataset changes or you change the map scale, so it's not ideal.  

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: I see the cluster label (where it says "3" in my screenshot) can come from an Arcade expression. Anyone know how to access the features and field values in the clustered points? That might do the trick. 

If it seems like I'm grasping at straws, you're right. Anybody solve this problem without manually labeling your clusters? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies