Help with Parcels/Buffer/Raster Clipping Please..

4 weeks ago
MahaTannous
New Contributor II

I am trying to clip multiple parcels from a raster while maintaining the buffer lines within each parcel, with hopefully no lines from neighboring parcels. 

I have a "parcels" feature class, a "buildings" feature class (for the two buffer lines 50 and 100 feet) and an image raster.

I would really appreciate any suggestions in achieving this process. I've attached an image of the raster with the buffer and polygon lines drawn.

Thank you!!Parcels with buffer linesParcels with buffer lines

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you clip the raster, then you have to clip the vectors layers using the same clip features.  You can't retain the vectors with the rasters unless you convert them to raster and combine them with the existing rasters.  You will have colormap issues undoubtedly between the various clips. 

What is the purpose?  Is it for analysis or visualization?  An answer to this may prompt other ideas

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MahaTannous
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for your reply. The end result is basically individual images of each parcel to distribute to homeowners so they can visualize their 50 and 100-ft defensible space lines for wildfire preparedness.

Would there perhaps be a way to export a high-resolution Geo tiff'd image with the buffers, upload that file back in and then clip it? Is that an option?

Thanks Dan,

Maha

0 Kudos
MahaTannous
New Contributor II

Hello again, Dan,

Someone guided me down the Polyline to Raster tool and I seem to be moving a long except for a small hiccup at the end. I'm not quite sure what the syntax error is on the MosaicToNewRaster tool..

syntax.jpg

Thanks!

Maha

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you are missing a comma just before .... number_of_bands

I would recommend an output file as a *.tif, so make sure you specify a full path to the output, eg

r"c:\data\Aerial_Completed.tif"  # don't forget the 'r' at the beginning of the path

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos