Features to GPX Garmin interface Merge/Unmerge without outside programs

2 weeks ago
ElwynLeibold
New Contributor

Hey! I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2 with currently Advanced licensing attempting to see if our standard Basic licensing could benefit from a boost to include the data management tools Feature to Line and Polygon to Line. I'm pursuing this due to our extensive work with ArcGIS Pro, Garmin, and Trimble for every field project which. This currently requires three people with three subscription software to get the project shapes visible from the proposed reports to the field and back again. 

In my attempt to consolidate this into AcrGIS Pro one-stop-shop I started with Garmin and their GPX files. This is easy enough, convert polygon to polyline and convert to GPX. My trouble is coming in projects that require more than just an outline of a parcel. When we have individual test unit to denote, a single point though available is too cluttered on the field devises and does not provide the longer shapes outline. When trying to use Polylines I run into one of two problems:

1.) 60 trench polygons -> Feature (or polygon) to line ->Line feature to GPX = 60 individual tracks on the garmin to turn on independently.

2.) 60 trench polygons -> Feature (or polygon) to line -> merge-> Line feature to GPX = 1 track which every polyline box is connected by a track that cannot be removed.

Either or these create a burden on field team which is circumvented using a different software THAT IS ONLY USED FOR THIS REASON.

Does anyone know of a way to get several polyline shapes, into one track, that when viewed on the Garmin still shows the shapes as independent boxes? (we're using Garmin 65 and 64sx

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeaRM
by
New Contributor III

Try to use XTools Pro Export to GPX tool. I think it may help.

https://xtools.pro/en/features/importexport-tools/export-to-gpx/

0 Kudos