Feature to Raster grids everything outside of features

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
IrisPattenCPP
New Contributor II

I have been doing GIS for 20 years and I'm stumped. I'm slowly migrating my work to ArcPro but I am attempting Feature to Raster for the first time in ArcPro and the tool continuously results in gridding everything OUTSIDE the features that I want to grid. Any suggestions on what I am missing?FTR_and_polygons.pngFTR_result.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IrisPattenCPP
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan. I ended up trying county boundary files from other sources until I found one that it would work with. I dunno, maybe it was a topology thing.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You have two features selected, clear the selection and see what that produces.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
IrisPattenCPP
New Contributor II

Same thing occurs, I've tried all the old-school tricks.

The two features selected are the counties I need grided... 

I tried to grid the statewide dataset...

I've exported only the two counties as a new feature class...

I've saved the file within and outside the GDB...

Still open to ideas...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No clue, it just worked for me with a local polygon featureclass with a selection, extent set to the union of inputs, a specified coordinate system and cell size. (with *.tif and gdb raster output)

If it does not work with another dataset in a separate project, then it is something amiss and Tech Support would be your best option.  Trying the same data set in the same project won't get you anywhere just yet.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
IrisPattenCPP
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan. I ended up trying county boundary files from other sources until I found one that it would work with. I dunno, maybe it was a topology thing.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

glad it worked out

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos