Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Maximum window size exceeded

08-23-2022 09:15 AM
DhruvkumarBhatt
New Contributor II

I am trying to run Classify LAS noise and keep getting the following error - 

050072: Maximum window size exceeded. The largest that can be used with data of this point spacing is <value>

I have changed a lot of display settings and such but this keeps on happening. My point spacing is 0.05 (average)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

0.05 .... what unit?

... sort of retired...
DhruvkumarBhatt
New Contributor II

Meters. I just cannot seem to find a way to change the window size. I did move the map window around and resized it manually and such but the same error. Maximum window size I can use is 6 (according to the error).

0 Kudos
Khalid
by
New Contributor

The window size is constrained by the point spacing, not by the display configuration. The tool simultaneously loads 9 adjacent bins in a 3x3x3 configuration.  Each bin is a rectangular volume defined by the "Neighborhood Width" & "Neighborhood Height" parameters. The tool imposes size limits on the neighborhood to control memory consumption. The neighborhood size is weighed against the average point spacing to estimate the number of points that would get loaded in each bin. To process larger areas, you can thin the LAS data to a higher point spacing using the "Thin LAS" tool, assuming you don't need the 5 cm resolution. Thinning this sort of high resolution data prior to processing will help improve the performance of other downstream processes as well, and it is often the case that there are points which are so densely packed together that they cannot be distinguished from each other. 

DhruvkumarBhatt
New Contributor II

Hello Khalid, appreciate the response. I did change the point spacing to 10 centimeters (which is as far as i would like to go for our study) but it did not help. I was just shooting in the dark by changing the window size and all, some times random things work out of no where in the GI System haha. I will play around with more configuration changes and point spacing to figure out the best solution for us depending on our study. Thank you all for your suggestions. Highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
YSanchez1
New Contributor

Were you able to find a solution to the problem? I am having the same issue with no resolve yet. My dataset is only 22 tiles while I have managed to do with 200+ tiles no problem. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos