Accessing Attribute Table in Scene Layer

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
AlexKazemi
New Contributor II

I'm currently using a scene layer in ArcGIS Pro and I'm unable to access the attribute table directly. However, I can see individual building data when I click on them. I've attached some screenshots for reference.

Could you guide me on how to access the full attribute table for this layer? Additionally, I'm looking to generate a DEM layer based on the building heights from this scene layer. Could you advise on how to proceed with this?

Thank you for your help.

1.png2.png3.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

A scene service needs to have an associated feature service in order to access an attribute table. As a cached dataset, attribute information is only available via pop-ups if the scene service was published from an slpk which is what it looks like in this case. For more info see https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/what-is-a-scene-layer-.htm#ES... 

Regarding DEMs, A DEM is a continuous surface that does not include surface items such as buildings or vegetation just the bare earth only. I think you are looking for a DSM (Digital Surface Model) which currently there is no tool to convert a 3D object scene layer into a continuous surface as a DSM. If you had the original multipatch feature class you may be able to use one of the Raster tools such as Feature to Raster.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
AlexKazemi
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. I have a file that includes an attribute table for all buildings in Hong Kong, such as roof height. However, I'm facing an issue. Each building is composed of multiple sub-buildings in specific areas, which complicates things. When I try to use the "Feature to Raster" tool to create the DSM raster layer, the software fails to recognize that it should consider the highest rooftop in areas with common features. I'll send you some pictures to help explain this issue.

I've attempted to use the Dissolve tool, Merge tool, and Resolve Building Conflicts tool to address the problem, but none have successfully produced the correct DSM layer. In some areas, there should be towers, and the raster file and contours should reflect higher heights, but they do not. Could you please advise on how to resolve this issue?

THis is 3D view of buildingsTHis is 3D view of buildingsFeature layer including the all roof top heights for different componentsFeature layer including the all roof top heights for different componentsFeature layer including the all roof top heights for different componentsFeature layer including the all roof top heights for different componentsAttribitude tableAttribitude tableFeature to raster tool settingFeature to raster tool settingIt cannot recognize that these area have higher height because there are also some towers hereIt cannot recognize that these area have higher height because there are also some towers here

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlexKazemi  I don't work with rasters too much but I think you may be able to use the Multipatch to Raster tool to get the output you are looking for. I just tried that on my end and it appears to handle the case with multiple towers scenario

AndrewJohnson_0-1715199617021.png

AndrewJohnson_1-1715199658098.png

0 Kudos