Add Portal Item to Project

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
MErikReedAugusta
Occasional Contributor III

Right now, I can go find an item on my computer or on one of the local servers (i.e. not AGOL), and add it to my project.  Then it'll be easily accessible from the "Project" tab of the Catalog pane.

But if that item is hosted in AGOL, I can only access it from the Portal Tab.  Given that we have an ever-increasing number of items in our AGOL environment, it gets to be burdensome to have to go find it every single time, especially when I'm accessing the same item every time.

I would love to have either a "Portal" folder in the Project tab or—even better—have the item drop into the existing folder it would've been in if it were local (i.e. a Feature Service goes in the Databases folder):

MErikReedAugusta_0-1715186500217.png

TO CLARIFY:

This is not about adding the portal item to a single map, it's about saving it to an overall project.

RELATED, BUT DISTINCT:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/ability-to-mark-a-portal-item-as-a-favourite/idi-p/11...

1 Comment
HollyTorpey_LSA

If you are suggesting having a Catalog Pane folder listing Portal Items currently in the project, I think that would be very useful, since I often want to add them to more than one figure. (I end up copying the layer from another map in my project when this happens).

I also think it would be very useful to have a Portal Items folder in the Favorites tab of the Catalog pane for those frequently used or hard-to-fine Portal items that I'm always searching for when I'm in a new project. I realize I can open their item details page and then favorite them in AGO or Portal, but that's kind of a pain and doesn't include the option to "add to all new projects." It would be easier if I could right click on the item in the suggested Catalog Pane Portal Items folder and then "add to favorites" like I can do with a geodatabase.