Update geometry from model builder (ArcGIS Pro to AGOL)

Jump to solution
04-10-2024 02:50 AM
MattSully
New Contributor III

I want to update the geometry of some layers regularly for some layers, Planning, TPO's etc.  We have got it to run using model builder, with success.  

The only element that doesn't update is the updating the geometry.

I can see from the model below that it should be an option, I clicked the tick box and save.  It just doesn't seem to want to stay switched on....  I might be missing something obvious.  Where else should I reference something.

I want to use a standard Esri .shp file as the basis to this.  In an ideal world it should link to our postgres database, but for ease I can used an export to .shp then used that as the source.

esri_tpo_trees_model_builder.PNG.Many thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattSully
New Contributor III

I have found that GLOBALID was created when we wanted to track changes.  A tick in the box in the settings. Of course we couldn't override that column of data as it does not exist yet.

So after removing those ticks from all the layers we wish to update.  

What I intend to do now is to connect our postgres database directly as a database, export the file to a .shp file then use that as the basis to update what exists online..

That should work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattSully
New Contributor III

I have found which may have something to do with this, is that ArcGIS Pro creates a lockfile of each of the models that I will be using.... An example of this is in the same folder as to where the files get saved.

woodland.tpo_tree.shp.SRV-POSTGIS1.14056.13456.sr.lock

Not sure if this has anything to do with the fact I cannot update the geometry of the files I need to on AGOL?

0 Kudos
MattSully
New Contributor III

I have found that GLOBALID was created when we wanted to track changes.  A tick in the box in the settings. Of course we couldn't override that column of data as it does not exist yet.

So after removing those ticks from all the layers we wish to update.  

What I intend to do now is to connect our postgres database directly as a database, export the file to a .shp file then use that as the basis to update what exists online..

That should work.

0 Kudos