Editing linework vertices in a web map

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
ChristopherGillett
New Contributor II

Hello everyone.

I need to work out a way for users to draw linework into a hosted feature layer as well as edit that linework (extend a piece of linework by adding vertices).

It would be preferable to perform this on a computer via a web map (Arc Pro not available) but their would be the possibility to do the task on an iPad via field maps.

I have worked out how to use the edit tool inside a web map, to create a new feature (piece of linework) but is their a way to edit an existing piece of linework and add more vertices to extend the line, rather than just adding a second line to make the original one longer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes! With the edit tool active, click on a line to select it. Click it again to switch to the "vertex" mode. From here, you can drag individual vertices around and add new vertices, too.

It's not exactly ideal, but it's possible. Better if there were a "continue feature" option like in desktop, but no such luck in the web map.

ShareX_E4lWHLf3nd.gif

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes! With the edit tool active, click on a line to select it. Click it again to switch to the "vertex" mode. From here, you can drag individual vertices around and add new vertices, too.

It's not exactly ideal, but it's possible. Better if there were a "continue feature" option like in desktop, but no such luck in the web map.

ShareX_E4lWHLf3nd.gif

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
ChristopherGillett
New Contributor II

Thankyou Josh,

This is exactly what I needed. really apricate the tip, the video demonstrates this perfectly,

Cheers!!!

0 Kudos