Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding video to pop-ups - ArcGIS online

Jump to solution
a month ago
EMM03
by
New Contributor

Hi! 

I'm looking to add a video to my pop-ups in an ArcGIS online map.

I was able to successfully do this on my desktop (ArcGIS Pro) by adding a text field to my attribute table and using this code within the text field:

<video controls="" width="100%">
<source src="E:\MPN\Bayview.mp4" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

With "E:\MPN\Bayview.mp4" being the link to the video. However, when I use this shapefile in ArcGIS online, the video does not work. 

I know I can add the video as an attachment, but then you have to click on a link to see the video. I would like the video to pop up automatically. Has anyone been able to do this? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Here is another approach you may consider for embedding videos. You can use the Configurable Apps provided by ArcGIS Online, such as the Attachment Viewer app template, which allows users to view media like images and videos within the app interface.

For more information and detailed steps, please refer to the ArcGIS Online Configurable Apps guide .

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've added a video to a popup using the code below, using the Arcade element. My feature has a field that contains the name of the file (and another saying if there's a video at the site). The video has to be accessible on the internet to be able to play.

var output
var url = theUrl
if ($feature.VideoExists == "Yes") {
  output = `<video controls>
    <source src="${url}${$feature.Video_ID}.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
  </video>`
}
return { 
	type : 'text', 
	text : output //this property supports html tags 
}

giving me this popup

Snag_108be6a.png

Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Here is another approach you may consider for embedding videos. You can use the Configurable Apps provided by ArcGIS Online, such as the Attachment Viewer app template, which allows users to view media like images and videos within the app interface.

For more information and detailed steps, please refer to the ArcGIS Online Configurable Apps guide .

Best regards,

0 Kudos