AMCC Compatible with Feature Layers Symbolized in 'New Map Viewer'?

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Occasional Contributor

As Esri continues to push new tools like 'New Map Viewer" and expereince builder, we are transitioning all workflows to these tools. However we are noticing an issue with layer's not syncing seemingly because of how they are symbolized in AGOL. 

My question is this: Are feature layers that are symbolized in the "New Map Viewer" compatible with the Maps for Creative Cloud extension? We have had mutiple layers that have been symbolized in the "Visualization" tab of the layer details, and don't syncy/display symbology when added to a MCC project. 

The layer can be added via the Compilation window, however the symbology is not recognized and the tool sgets stuck at 99% drawing:

macc.PNG

Wondering if anyone is having similar issues? Since we are forced to set layer symbology in the "new map viewer" through the visualization tab, I would hope that this symbology would be supported in the Creative Cloud extension? 

Thanks, 
Chris 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Occasional Contributor

I've discovered a work around for setting symbology in the "old" map viewer, which seems to have fixed the problem. 

- Open "old map view" and add the layer

- Set Symbology

- Click "edit"

- Click "save" 

- This seems to save the symbology in the "old" style and allows it to be synced. 

macc_2.PNG

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Occasional Contributor

I've discovered a work around for setting symbology in the "old" map viewer, which seems to have fixed the problem. 

- Open "old map view" and add the layer

- Set Symbology

- Click "edit"

- Click "save" 

- This seems to save the symbology in the "old" style and allows it to be synced. 

macc_2.PNG