Sync Failed Error: Unable to synchronize replica. Sync replica Internal error.

3 weeks ago
JustinH
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone- 

I continue to have an annoying Sync error in my field maps. It seems like this was an error in Collector, but I am unable to find a solution to get rid of this sync error. 

In offline mode, every time I hit sync, I get the error "Unable to synchronize replica. Sync replica internal error." But the edits that are made still push to the source. 

So, there is no issue with what field users need, but it happens to tell the field user that everything is failing... I would love to eliminate this error so users have a smoother UX. 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

many potential causes of this error. I would recommend turning on troubleshooting logging, then attempting to sync and reviewing the logs.

It's likely a single layer causing the error message to be thrown. Search 'error' in the logs and you can help determine which is the troublemaker.

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. This is helpful. I have identified the layer pushing this error but I am not sure how to fix it. 

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

I am not sure this was the solution... but it was. I found the layer that was causing the issue. All I did was make sure edits and track changes were enabled. Originally I had only the sync function enabled. IT took forever to save, so I deleted the feature and republished it from the online zip file. I just synced and no errors. I am not sure this really gave me the solution I was looking for but I did resolve the issue! and now I know a little more about troubleshooting on the backend. 

Thanks!!! 

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi @JustinH . I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with ArcGIS Field Maps. When you are syncing the data, are you syncing from the device > portal (either ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise) or portal > device, or both? Since you created the offline area(s) have you made any schema changes or any other changes to your map/data?

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

Hi Kerri- 

Thank you for your reply. I am currently syncing from the device to the portal. I have pushed changes but make sure to redownload a new area every time I push those changes. 

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

When you 'pushed' changes, did you re-create the Offline areas, or just Update them?

RhettZufelt_0-1715188915190.png

R_

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

This is something I have not tried, I actually did not even know about this. We usually have the user create their own offline area. 

0 Kudos
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Justin, 

I know this doesn't help, but we have been dealing with this error for years with one of our web maps. It happened in Collector and now in Field Maps. In our case, we have a Join layer present in the map that I think causes the error. The Join layer isn't editable, and is just for reference, but Field Maps/Collector doesn't like syncing with that layer in the map. However, as you mentioned, all the data does sync properly regardless. 

Travis

0 Kudos