Element lists & templates don't transfer when duplicating forms using JSON & AGOL Assistant

3 weeks ago
SeanBabcock22
New Contributor II

I am unable to successfully duplicate an entire form from one map to another using the method described in this post.  I am able to get most of the form on a new map, but the lists for radio buttons and combo boxes do not transfer, as well as the templates. All maps have the exact same symbology and fields, just contain different data within the tables. Is the information contained somewhere else in the JSON? Or do I just need to recreate these every time?

New MapNew Map

Template MapTemplate Map

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi @SeanBabcock22 . Which method did you use to copy your map/form (Duplicate, Python, or AGO Assistant)?

0 Kudos
SeanBabcock22
New Contributor II

AGO Assistant. I should also mention, this is happening with switch elements and they are being affected by the lack of a template. 

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

@SeanBabcock22  I tested this functionality this morning, specifically looking at the data types you mentioned and I didn't have any issues with the JSON copying over. One thing I did do, to make sure I got everything, was to copy everything from the "layerType" line until the }, in the line directly above "popupInfo", you will need to make sure you update the "title" at the end of that bunch of code.

I then highlighted the "layerType"  (line 😎 in the new map and pasted in the JSON from the form I wanted to copy. It's possible you may have missed a few lines when copying over the JSON. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos