Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL map in EB turns white when zooming in on mobile and tablet view

Saturday
JessMiller1
New Contributor II

Hi all. I created an EB viewer with a map widget from AGOL that has 11 layers in.  8 are rest service links and 3 are my hosted feature layers. The basemap is a basemap our GIS dept. made of our local county that we use all the time.

I published in EB and now when I view the map on desktop, it's perfect. Let me mention that I did custom setups in EB for the tablet and phone sizes, so that was done. When I open the link on my phone everything looks great until I zoom in and the map goes white. Around 2000 ft.? All 11 layers are turned on and at a certain zoomed-in scale, the map goes white and you can't see anything.

JessMiller1_0-1719080710601.png

Most of these layers have a visibility set on them so they show when you're zoomed in. Those are most at a Neighborhood or Town level. 

Here's the fun part- depending on what device you look at this with, it may or may not happen. Mine and my husband's androids turn white, where as my work android it works fine. A coworkers iPhone displays it fine, whereas friends Pixels both don't display correctly. Also to note, this happens on the tablet as well. My Samsung galaxy turns white, whereas a coworkers iPad displays it fine. 

My current workaround is to turn off all the layers but the most important 4 and keep those 4 on. Then republish. On the phone it displays as it should. But it you go to the layers in the map on the phone and turn any 5th layer on, it turns white again. You can play with any 4 on and the rest off and this will yield the same results. Now, yesterday 6 layers were allowed on and the 7th turned it to white map. So yesterday was 6 allowed and today 4- what's tomorrow?

I tried troubleshooting with adding another map with the same layers to EB, no visibility rules set up and the white still appears at all ranges.

I also added other maps with completely different layers and it's seeming that everything I look at with my personal android phone doesn't render things  from EB now at a certain scale. It's mostly appearing white.

Anyone have any suggestions or guidance? No one seems to have heard of this issue before. 

The link for the curious of my current issue- https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/2b8a8a0c782f4971a835195c1f3e4b26

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

There is a support ticket for this behavior - BUG-000166041.

0 Kudos