Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor widget - Don't show select tool when only allowing 'Add Records'

06-16-2023 11:51 AM
Labels (1)
ARyanWADNR
New Contributor III

Until the editor widget has more styling options, it would be helpful for us if the menu did not show the "Edit Features> Select" options when you are only allowing users to 'Add Records'. As far as I understand it, you can allow selections in the 'Map' widgets settings. So having a selection in the editor menu is not usually necessary. When you allow editing of geometries having a select option there makes sense, but it takes up a lot of screen space, especially on smaller devices.

Our experience is aimed at the general public reporting data to us, and a simplified and streamlined editing process would really help.

Thanks!

3 Comments
AlixVezina
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

I believe this should now work as expected if you have a layer that is configured to support creating features only. Is this the experience you were looking for?

AlixVezina_0-1691093006322.png

ARyanWADNR

That is exactly what I want.My edit widget is set to only allow adds, and the feature service layer is also set to Add Features only. However, I still see the select in my experience.

Was there a change made to the edit widget, or was this already a feature? Is there something that I need to do to update my Experience Builder Edit widget if there were changes made?

Thank you for your help with this!

Andrew

AlixVezina

@ARyanWADNR I tested this in ArcGIS Online today and it seems it should just work if you are using the same version. If you are in Enterprise or an earlier version of the developer edition, there is a possibility the behavior may defer.

Here's my layer configuration:

AlixVezina_0-1691094209989.png

Are you able to share some screenshots too?