Organization URL for Enterprise for Collaboration

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Tammira
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to set up a partnered collaboration between my AGOL and Enterprise.  I can't seem to get the correct URL for my enterprise orgnaztion to enter into the box to set up the collaboration from AGOL. I tried the portal homepage, tried removing the web adaptor number.  I'm not having any luck.  Where do I find the right URL to input into the AGOL collaboration box? 

Also, will a collaboration work for local domain deployment? 

TYIA!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tammira
New Contributor II

Thank you, Henry. I suspected that the .local DNS would be an issue.  Thank you for your response! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Isn't a Partnered Collaboration only for ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Online?    Use a Distributed Collaboration for Enterprise to ArcGIS Online.

Understand collaborations—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

GISP
Tammira
New Contributor II

I was reading somewhere that you could use a partnered collaboration, but a distributed might be a better option.  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins

With a Distributed Collaboration between Enterprise and ArcGIS Online, the Enterprise Portal can be behind a firewall on a local DNS because Enterprise connects to Online, but Online never connects to Enterprise.

GISP
Tammira
New Contributor II

Thank you, Michael! With a distributed collaboration would I be able to share data from AGOL to a .local DNS Enterprise portal? 

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins

Yes, and AGOL doesn't need to be able to communicate directly with the Portal.   The Portal will reach out to AGOL and ask for the data.  

GISP
0 Kudos
Tammira
New Contributor II

Perfect!  Thank you so much for your advice!

HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @Tammira, the URL you are looking for has to be specified like this https://dns.com/webadaptor but your system needs to be public facing and needs to have a valid public URL e.g. no .local DNS and a public certificate.

Regards

Henry

Tammira
New Contributor II

Thank you, Henry. I suspected that the .local DNS would be an issue.  Thank you for your response! 

0 Kudos