RipaliBatra_1-1713449441264.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @RipaliBatra 

Have you reviewed this sheet here:

CodyPatterson_0-1713450694984.png

This will outline all ports that should be opened for the Portal to be operational.

Here as well will detail them, specifically the bottom in your case: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/install/windows/ports-used-by-portal-for-arcgis.htm

If you are using a Windows machine, create a firewall rule to allow ports in/out of your firewall. Use this Windows command to verify open ports: netstat -aon or netstat -ab in an elevated console

Hope that helps!

DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

If you are running the standard windows firewall on your web server you could look here. It should tell you what is being blocked. 

On the web adaptor machine  -> open Event Viewer --> Application and service logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Windows Firewall w/ Advanced Security --> Firewall.  

This will list all of the blocked requests. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
abhishek_choudhary
New Contributor III

Thanks @DanielBrumm1 , @CodyPatterson  your suggestion has helped us in finding the ports that was blocked by the firewall . we  successfully joined the 2 portal machines and then as required unregistered the old portal from the new machine admin page.

we have also federated the server in the old portal machine. The same federated server is reflecting on the new portal machine as well . but while accessing the server it is using the old portal machine url for signin. Can you please suggest how can we change the federation of the server to the new portal .

abhishek_choudhary_0-1713525537700.png

CodyPatterson

Hey @abhishek_choudhary 

I'm glad that our suggestions helped!

You may try accessing the admin page of the server console, and swapping the authentication from ARCGIS_PORTAL to GIS_SERVER as shown here:

CodyPatterson_0-1713526035731.png

This is located here:

https://<server-url>/<webadaptor>/admin/security/config/update

Once that is completed, you will need to refederate the server with Portal, I would also confirm that the server is not present under the "federation" section of the portal.

Do be aware that unfederating could cause issues with your Portal environment, so exercise caution and take backups, support will assist in this endeavor as well and they are very skilled at this. I have done this previously without support assistance, and nothing ended up going wrong, but that isn't saying that others will have the same experience.

Hope that helps!

Cody

abhishek_choudhary
New Contributor III

Thanks @CodyPatterson  , The solution worked  🙂.

As you Suggested, I changed the Arcgis server Authentication from ARCGIS_PORTAL to GIS_SERVER and also unfederated the existing server from the new portal  . This allowed me to Federate the server again on the new portal. 

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @abhishek_choudhary 

Sounds great! I'm glad that everything has worked out correctly, hopefully things run smooth from here on!

Cody

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I recently went through this exercise as well - we were migrating to new Windows Server 2022 VMs from 2016 VMs.  And although I didn't run into issues joining the portal site, once I removed the old portal machine from the site the federated and hosting server sites would no longer validate.

What I did was go into the SecurityConfig in the ArcGIS Serve Administrator Directory at

....6443/arcgis/admin/security/config

and I could see that for Portal Properties I needed to update the Private Portal URLs:

"privatePortalUrl": "https://OldDNSName.org.net:7443/arcgis",

to 

"privatePortalUrl": "https://NewDNSName.org.net:7443/arcgis",

Once I did this, then the federated and hosting sites validated just fine.

0 Kudos