eSearch widget

07-01-2021 08:38 AM
ShannonSmith
New Contributor II

I have installed the custom WAB widget into the proper places and it does not show up in the widget areas. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you restart Web AppBuilder after you copied the files into ..\client\stemapp\widgets

0 Kudos
ShannonSmith
New Contributor II

Yes, and I restarted my machine as well. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@ShannonSmith 

What version of WAB are you using and what version of the eSearch did you grab?

0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

Not sure if this is the same issue as @ShannonSmith  Also, thanks for the tool, very nice and we have used it before.

arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.20

eSearch v2.17

1.  Unzip WAB,unzip eSearch, copy eSearch folder to ArcGISWebAppBuilder\client\stemapp\widgets

2.  start WAB, open browser, answer Portal and App ID questions, portal login, onto WAB homepage

3.  create a new Default 2D Project named 'eSearchTest'

4.  Click Widget Tab, click an open Widget holder, choose 'Enhanced Search', click OK, Configure Enhanced Search windows opens:

GregHorne_0-1625832027064.png

5.  Don't make any changes, click OK.  Click Save.

6.  Shutdown WAB and browser, start WAB back up and open browser to WAB homepage, open/edit eSearchTest, click on eSearch icon.

GregHorne_1-1625832259099.png

7.  Error

GregHorne_2-1625832349634.png

8.  I have started over several times by deleting the WAB folder off of my computer and have reproduced this error every time.

Additional items but not sure if this is part of the problem:

When first landing on the initial WAB homepage:

GregHorne_3-1625832525275.png

Upon initially opening the eSearch project:

GregHorne_4-1625832621259.png

Upon clicking the eSearch widget icon:

GregHorne_5-1625832692881.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@GregHorne No your issue is very different. She is saying that the eSearch widget never appears in the choose widget list. You can fix your issue by grabbing the latest 2.17 version I just published 7/9/21.

0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

Downloaded new eSearch.zip.  I tried a couple of times with WAB-2.20 and once with WAB-2.18 by wiping out the entire folder structure and am still getting the same error when I click on the eSearch icon.  I can get to the eSearch config screen without issue.  Not sure what is going on.  Suggestions?  Thanks.

GregHorne_1-1625839487083.png

GregHorne_0-1625839443897.png

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@GregHorne , If you have the right version then in the Widget.js file of the eSearch widget lines 830 - 832 will look like this:

_removeSelectionGraphics: function () {
        this.selectionGL && this.selectionGL.clear();
      },
0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP, confirmed that the Widget.js file matches as you suggested. 

Deleted the entire WAB folder several times to double check things but the error persists.  I don't know if the Portal version matters but I am at 10.8.1.  Cleared browser cache, restarted computer,  http://localhost:3344/webappbuilder , tried a CORS extension, ran out of ideas to try.

Any suggestions appreciated.

GregHorne_0-1625854191687.png

I'm open to trying a different version of WAB and/or eSearch.

0 Kudos
GregHorne
New Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP   Tried it on my Windows 2019 Server. Same error.

0 Kudos