costume "query widget"

12-09-2020 11:59 AM
DianaWilson1
New Contributor III

Hi All, 
I would like to get some ideas about how I can accomplish the following task.
Task: Import a list of parcel identification numbers from excel format into a web application (list will about 7 to 10 parcel identification). Them by importing the parcel list, it select and highlight those parcel IDs on the layer in the web application.
I thought to import the list, using “Add Data Widget”, and then use the “Query widget” to retrieve the parcels ids from the standalone table on the feature layer. I am not sure if this will work yet or if there is another way to accomplish this task more efficient way.

Any suggestion or ideas to accomplish this task or there is a widget out there that perform that task?
Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

If the excel contains IDs of parcels that already exist in the layer, then you have to design a new custom widget which will read the excel to get the ID list, then you have to programatically select (highlight) those IDs in the layer.

I'm still a newbie, but I'm trying to help, and hope the way I suggested is appropriate.

0 Kudos
DianaWilson1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your comment. I am newbie in building custom widgets too. I have been using the widgets from Web AppBuilder and change the configurations for my maps. Any suggestion, where should I go to find a sample of a costume widget which read excel? I am not sure if there is a widget that makes this function.

Thank you, 

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

The custom widget is javascript, so you have to find in the internet how to read excel file from page's javascript code. I assune you'll have to open a dialog box in order to get the file. The code will be exactly as if in a regular html page javascript (a regular web app, not connected to esri subjects). 

0 Kudos