AttributeTable - Hide Certain Fields by Default

Jump to solution
02-17-2016 06:57 AM
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Is there any way to hide certain fields in the AttributeTable widget by default?  I have some fields that I would like to include in the table for export purposes, but that I would like to hide as a default. I'm hoping that it is a configurable item.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

I have looked though all the code paths in the AT widget and there is definitely no configuration for this and no easy code change to make this happen. If a field is not set to visible by default then the query will not retrieve that field and the dgrid will not get a column created for that field either.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

This is not a configurable option. You can not set a fields visibility to false and still have it exported.

0 Kudos
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

I understand that I will need to set it back to visible before exporting.  I just want to set these fields visibility to false as a default and then set it to visible if necessary.

So this would be the default:

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

I have looked though all the code paths in the AT widget and there is definitely no configuration for this and no easy code change to make this happen. If a field is not set to visible by default then the query will not retrieve that field and the dgrid will not get a column created for that field either.

0 Kudos
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Robert,

Thanks for looking into it.  I see that even if I hide fields, the next search just creates a new selection set and the fields are again visible.  Oh well, I had to ask the question!

Tom

0 Kudos