Trace downstream - returning errors today

11-17-2015 03:44 PM
Labels (1)
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

I've found this to be a great tool and better than the standard toolbox downstream trace.  Today, I'm getting errors I've never seen before from this tool.  Any advice on what can be done to fix these server messages would be great.  Any hint appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what are your inputs? since nothing is returned, is there an error there? check those in Results

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm running the tool from the right hand tray in arcmap under ready to use services, and the input is a FC of points in arcmap, which is how I've run the tool before.  There is no error in the input in geoprocessing results, just in the server messages, unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
ClaraDair
New Contributor III

I'm referring to this hosted geoprocessing service - Trace Downstream—ArcGIS REST API: Elevation Analysis services | ArcGIS for Developers

used in ArcMap.  I have normally accessed this via citrix arcmap, from the arccatalog drawer, ready to use services, and was getting the error messages in the first screenshot.  We had some network issues on our end yesterday, so maybe that was it, but the same data with and without the optional parameters all worked correctly today.   -?-

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

strange? no clue then...

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

It'd be easier if you just capture the screen and post to us so we know what you are talking about.

0 Kudos