"Batch Watershed Delienation for Polygons"- tool in ArcHydro PRO ?

05-25-2022 09:27 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

In ArcHydro in Arcmap, I have the tool “Batch Watershed Delineation for Polygons”, which I have used a lot. I have installed ArcHydro for ArcGIS PRO, but I can’t find this tool when using ArcGIS PRO.

Is the “Batch Watershed Delineation for Polygons” tool included in ArcHydro for ArcGIS PRO, or will it be included in the near future?

This is a tool that is very useful in my work, so I would be superhappy if I can use it in PRO.

ReneMerringdalGule_1-1653495905406.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

You are correct.  This tool has not been ported to Pro yet.  We will put it on our short-term plan.  As we move the tool, this gives us an opportunity to potentially improve on it.  Is there something specific about that tool that would work better for you?

0 Kudos
DarrylAlbert
New Contributor III

Not sure if there is a thread for this elsewhere, but I can't seem to get the Batch Polygon Watershed Delineation tool to work in Pro 3.0 or greater.  I just installed 3.2.2 and newest version of ArcHydro, but getting error 000732.  Seems to be looking for the apuniqueid table in the wrong place.  I've received this same error on 2 different machines with the same data.  Different versions of ArcGIS Pro and ArcHydro too. 

Currently trying on Pro 3.2.2 and ArcHydro 3.1.59.

0 Kudos
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

Thanks for bringing this up.  I was able to reproduce similar (not quite the same) behavior and there is something going on with the tool that we need to investigate and fix.  It might be mid-next week before we get to it.  In the meantime, try the following:

1. Before running the tool, make sure you make a backup copy of APUNIQUEID table.

2. Make sure that input polygons have their HydroID populated.

3. If the tool run successfully, HydroID for result watershed and DrainID for input polys might be all 0, which will not enable you to relate the output watersheds to the input polys (but at least you will get the output polygons).  If you need that connection and if your input polygons are not overlapping, getting the correct IDs is fairly simple to do using out of the box overlay tools.

4. Check APUNIQUEID table.  If it does not seem right, replace it with the backup table created in #1.

I will update this conversation once we have a new AH build with the fix for this tool out.

0 Kudos
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

The fix for this problem is in the latest build 3.1.63 that is available on the AH tools download site.  Should work both for Pro 3.1.* and 3.2.* versions.  Please give it a try.

0 Kudos
DarrylAlbert
New Contributor III

Thanks Dean, I appreciate the response and software update.  I did install the newest version of the software, I was able to generate the watersheds for my polygons.  They did not provide the relating Hydro ID, I am still getting the error message that the apuniqueid cannot be opened.  Was this supposed to be resolved in the latest version? 

Thanks!ApuniqueID_Error.PNG

0 Kudos
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

are you using a feature class or a shape file as input into the tool (polygons)?  you should be using a feature class and the HydroID associated with that feature class should be "drawn" from the gdb holding the feature class.  so if you have external data you want to use as input (e.g. a shape file or a FC from a different gdb than your project gdb), first import them into your project gdb/FD, reassign HydroID if necessary, and then run the tool.

0 Kudos
DarrylAlbert
New Contributor III

Thanks Dean.  I reviewed the best practices document again and coupled with your suggestion, that did the trick.  Thank you!

0 Kudos