WIM Jupyter Notebook

04-13-2021 08:23 AM
Labels (2)
GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor
1 6 2,583

Learn how to execute the WIM framework programmatically by working through the WIM notebook. The notebook walks through Use Case 1 of the WIM how-to document. Be sure to install the latest  Arc Hydro Pro build and download the tutorial data

There are two ways to access the WIM notebook:

1. ArcGIS Pro map package (WIM_UseCase1_Notebook.mpkx). This includes a Pro map with the ready-to-use input data, and the WIM notebook and WIM how-to-document as attachments. You can open the WIM notebook directly in your ArcGIS Pro project and access your data layers from your active map.
  2. Standalone notebook (WIM_Workflow.ipynb) and tutorial data. Open the notebook directly in your web browser. To do so, open your command line and enter the following:

> activate arcgispro-py3
            > jupyter notebook "PATH/TO/WIM_NOTEBOOK.ipynb"

WIM_Notebook.png

6 Comments
MB_Hydrology
New Contributor

will this work with ArcGIS pro 2.4?

GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor

The code in the notebook should run fine in the Pro 2.4 environment, as long as you have installed the latest Arc Hydro build first. I don't believe you will be able to open the notebook directly in Pro 2.4. If so, you will have to follow option 2 above. I would recommend updating Pro to the latest version available just for ease of use. Let me know if you run into any issues!

LindiCoyle
New Contributor

Hi @GinaO_Neil 

I've recently come across WIM and very excited to try it out. I am having issues gaining access to the WIM notebook links. I have downloaded the tutorial data but can't seem to download or open the map package or stand-alone notebook workflow. 

Thank you for your help or advice on this. 

GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor

Hello, happy to help. I have just tried those links myself and am seeing an error that esri servers are temporarily down. Is that the same error you are seeing? I will look into this in the meantime.

Thanks,

Gina

LindiCoyle
New Contributor

yes, thank you @GinaO_Neil. I am getting the same error. 

Thanks for your quick response. 

GinaO_Neil
Esri Contributor

The notebook materials download has been fixed. Thanks @LindiCoyle for bringing this to my attention!