How do we engage ESRI to sponsor a disc golf tournament at Morley Field Disc Golf Course?

11-20-2017 08:23 AM
MarshallBallard
New Contributor

Morley Field is in Balboa Park, and the oldest disc golf course in the country.  It is loads of fun to play and a great alternative activity from the 5k.  Morley Field Disc Golf Course  

4 Replies
SimonMorgan
Occasional Contributor III

I am not in “5K Shape” and would love this idea!

KCShearer
Esri Contributor

Hi Marshall,

Thank you for the suggestion!  In the last year, we had an avid disc-golfer join our team and he's mentioned that the Morley Field Disc Golf Course is very well known.  We'll look into it and see what we can do!

DerekElliott
New Contributor

Has there been any update on this?  This suggestion is 5 years old, but disc golf has absolutely exploded since then.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @DerekElliott,

This idea sounds like a lot of fun and I'm sorry to report that it's not part of the events plan for this year. I fear the suggestion slipped off the radar during Covid, but I'm more than happy to share it forward again for future consideration. I was in a meeting just yesterday when one of our team members mentioned disc golf's massive expansion in recent years, reflecting your own observation.

Though we recognize they are two entirely different activities, we hope interested attendees will consider joining us for the 5k and/or morning yoga (details here) this year. 

All the best, and we look forward to seeing you at UC 2022!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos