Trace Connected and Topology Issues

Jump to solution
08-30-2021 08:47 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm new to the trace network and am having issues with running a connected trace on a river catchment data set. 

After creating trace network from the polylines & associated features I have created a topology within the network (TopologyTN), specifying 'no dangles' to identify any potential gaps in the catchment routes. This then flags up areas which I resolve using 'snap/extend/trim'  Looks alright so far..

However, when I  run a follow up connected trace these resolved ends are still apparently not connected to the main catchment feature. I have to manually move the polylines to register the resolve. This is also the case using the snap geo tool.

There are also additional issues when I use TopologyTN instead of map topology to identify/resolve the issues. Edits I make using TopoTN are seemingly not recognised when I remove the TopoTN and return to the map topology

I'm certain there's something I'm missing, and it's staring me in the face, but I'm baffled. Any help is appreciated. Using ArcGIS 2.8.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found a solution by using Unsplit Lines and Intersect to create vertices at intersections. Then using these features as junctions in my TN 

It seemed to be an issue with how the original catchment polylines were created. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found a solution by using Unsplit Lines and Intersect to create vertices at intersections. Then using these features as junctions in my TN 

It seemed to be an issue with how the original catchment polylines were created.