Mid-Cable Splice Enclosure and multiple strands on the same terminal connector

09-29-2022 07:20 AM
rpepato_bizpoke
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I spent a couple of days playing around with different asset types, and now I'm working on the Mid-Cable Splice Enclosure. I'm using the COTS fgdb sample from Esri Comm 1.3.

While inspecting connectivity for this enclosure, I noticed a configuration that I haven't seen up to now: at this enclosure, we have connectors that have two different strands connected to the same C:Back terminal connector (see a sample screenshot for splice point #12717 below - the same scenario happens for splice point #12718).

As I'm not an SME for Telecom Domain and haven't seen this before on other assets of the same dataset, I'd like to check if this is a valid and expected connectivity configuration, or if there is a chance of a data issue at this enclosure.

If anyone is familiar with this concept and can help in clarifying it, I'll appreciate your help.

Roberto.

rpepato_0-1664461011424.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Is this from the sample data?  If so, it is just a mistake in the sample data.  The connector should only have one strand per terminal.  

0 Kudos
rpepato_bizpoke
New Contributor II

Yes, it is sample data from Comm 1.3 Foundations dataset (Naperville).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @MikeMillerGIS. I was also considering a possible data issue but as I'm not a domain guy, I just want to make sure I wasn't missing a valid connection configuration.

Roberto.

0 Kudos