How to connect strands within Hub Terminator

Jump to solution
05-28-2021 08:20 AM
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am testing the new version Telco Solution 1.1 and I am not able to connect two cables on strands level within a Hub Terminator.

I create a drop cable (1 strand) from the Hub terminator. If I click to the Hub Terminator and Select Modify association, I am not able to make a connectivity - nothing is loaded to the connectivity part.

Please can you help me what I am doing wrong? 

See the video with my workflow.

Thank you.

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vladimir,

With the non-spatial model, users will need to take additional steps to build connectivity associations between the cable connectors, equipment ports, or splices within the equipment.

In your video, as you zoom into the Access Hub, you will need to build some interconnections between the Fiber Connectors within Connector Groups and the Patch Panel ports within 24-Port Patch Panel, which channels the connectivity between Access and Drop Network. You need to continue expanding the containment tree from the attribute pane to see those connectors and ports.

In the Utility Network Ribbon, use the "Modify" tool within the Association tab, create the association between the pairs of ports with the equipment.

f458ab07-970a-4eb5-9256-0d46fadee36f.png

The key here is you will need to identify the right connectors or ports from the proper chassis and load them as an active item to start the junction-to-junction connection process. This is also a space where we are reserving for users and Esri partners to create customized productivity tools and UIs to assist with this workflow.

I have included more workflows in this storymap - https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/2b0da80ab0ff4f17bb2a2103a4095611

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Junjie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vladimir,

You are getting a step closer to finish the connection!

The only change you have to make is the terminal direction for the connector has to be "Front", in our model, the backside of the fiber/coax/copper connector is always automatically connected to the strand. The "Front" side is for connections within the device.

Once you flip that direction to "Front", it will work.

JunJie-Ma_0-1622494775122.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vladimir,

With the non-spatial model, users will need to take additional steps to build connectivity associations between the cable connectors, equipment ports, or splices within the equipment.

In your video, as you zoom into the Access Hub, you will need to build some interconnections between the Fiber Connectors within Connector Groups and the Patch Panel ports within 24-Port Patch Panel, which channels the connectivity between Access and Drop Network. You need to continue expanding the containment tree from the attribute pane to see those connectors and ports.

In the Utility Network Ribbon, use the "Modify" tool within the Association tab, create the association between the pairs of ports with the equipment.

f458ab07-970a-4eb5-9256-0d46fadee36f.png

The key here is you will need to identify the right connectors or ports from the proper chassis and load them as an active item to start the junction-to-junction connection process. This is also a space where we are reserving for users and Esri partners to create customized productivity tools and UIs to assist with this workflow.

I have included more workflows in this storymap - https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/2b0da80ab0ff4f17bb2a2103a4095611

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Junjie

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User,

please can you give me any tip how to choose the right connectors/ports? 

It seems that the main problem in the previous video was that the all ports/connectors was already use/connected, so I tried it in another Hub.

See the updated video:

There is created  a Drop cable with one strand - 2148. Then back in the Hub, I found that Connector group 12957 containt the created fiber, so assume I have to seelct this - am I right? 

Than I selected some port on Patch pane, but still I am not able to make a conenction with the message that No valid junction connection.

Please can you help me once again, what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vladimir,

You are getting a step closer to finish the connection!

The only change you have to make is the terminal direction for the connector has to be "Front", in our model, the backside of the fiber/coax/copper connector is always automatically connected to the strand. The "Front" side is for connections within the device.

Once you flip that direction to "Front", it will work.

JunJie-Ma_0-1622494775122.png

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you so much @Anonymous User!

Vladimir
0 Kudos