Guandalini PPK - Image upload error

Jump to solution
12-06-2021 02:54 AM
ekanazawa
New Contributor

We are trying to upload some ppks images on sitescan but we are having the error bellow

ekanazawa_0-1638787699575.png

I attached some images to test, someone can help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Our teams have confirmed that the PPK software used is corrupting the images. There is a extraneous 0x0A byte after the APP1 XMP segment where the next segment should begin. That's an ASCII newline character, so it looks like they have a newline at the end of the XMP but forget to count it in the length. This is why the images can't be uploaded to Site Scan Manager. 

I'd encourage you to provide this feedback to Guandilini PPK because this needs to be fixed on their end. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @ekanazawa

Can you please describe what was done to these images after being retrieved from the drone? 

I'm able to replicate the issue you describe on Site Scan Manager, but my Mac's default image viewer is also unable to display the images you shared. 

0 Kudos
ekanazawa
New Contributor

Hi @NicoBonnafoux ,

After retrieved images from drone, my client is using "GUANDALINI PPK" software (https://www.guandalinibr.com/produto/guandalini-ppk/) to add the metadata.

ekanazawa_0-1638820897285.png

On windows I can open both images in default viewer. 

0 Kudos
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Our teams have confirmed that the PPK software used is corrupting the images. There is a extraneous 0x0A byte after the APP1 XMP segment where the next segment should begin. That's an ASCII newline character, so it looks like they have a newline at the end of the XMP but forget to count it in the length. This is why the images can't be uploaded to Site Scan Manager. 

I'd encourage you to provide this feedback to Guandilini PPK because this needs to be fixed on their end. 

0 Kudos
ekanazawaemk
New Contributor

Hi @NicoBonnafoux ,

Thank you for the informations. I received  from the end the original images and I was able to upload and process 2D and 3D scenes.

I will provide this feedback to Guandilini PPK to be fixed.

0 Kudos