Site Scan flight log files?

11-13-2020 06:52 PM
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Do either the Site Scan or Site Scan LE flight apps produce flight log files that can be uploaded manually into a service like airdata.com?  I know about the new video logs which are great, but we're in need of just regular flight logs that track flight path, battery status, etc.  I thought perhaps Site Scan has a DJI account login within it that syncs such data to DJI's cloud, but can't tell if there is such an option or not.  Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks! 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CoreyPlank1
New Contributor III

Flight logs are stored on the drone itself or the controller.  You can find information on the path and operational info in the logs.

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Will,

In the first half of 2021 Esri will be releasing Fleet Management v2. This will capture information about the Drone, Battery and & Pilot from the moment the blades spin to the mission end. You will be able to perform all the mission analysis and drone history required by the regulatory bodies. It is a significant step up from where Site Scan is right now.

Cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
SteveGoldman
New Contributor III

Gordon,

Thanks for that update. As we get more and more hours on our drones (and their batteries), it's becoming clear that battery health monitoring is a critical piece. We've lost a drone out of the sky due to mid-flight battery failure that didn't present as any physical anomaly on the battery prior to flight. However, looking back at the battery cell voltage variations, we see that there were some signs.

Will SiteScan be incorporating individual cell voltage monitoring? And ideally, warnings based on non-standard readings? This would be a huge benefit to advance the safety of operations.

Thanks.

-Steve (UAS Coordinator - CA Dept of Fish and Wildlife)

GIO, UAS Coordinator
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
0 Kudos
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Gordon - thanks for the info.  Will the "Fleet Management v2" be included for all subscribers to Site Scan, or will it be an additional purchase?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Will,

I am having a similar issue. I have used Sitescan for a few mapping flights and would like to get the flight logs into AirData. I was able to download all the flight logs from my M210 manually from my CS controller. When I uploaded to AirData I noticed none of my Sitescan flights had logs (only manual flights using DJI Go4). Did you ever figure out how to get flight logs from sitescan?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III

Hi, any one work this one out? using Site Scan LE + Drone2Map, not Site Scan cloud.

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

@ZoltanKelly the flight log data is stored as part of the Fleet Management technology in Site Scan Flight and then uploaded to Site Scan Manager through the network connection. THis provide access to the full Fleet Management engine in the cloud.

Site Scan LE is designed as a light flight planning tool to support our Drone2Map and customers who use the inspection workflows. Currently it is not possible to export the flight logs.

Cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III
0 Kudos