How to delete a single route on a line within a line network

04-27-2022 09:09 AM
MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

I would like to delete a route on a line in a line network. I do not want to retire it, but completely delete it because the route was created in an error. The Delete Routes GP tool deletes the entire line even though I select a single route. How do I delete a single route on a line within a line network? I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.

Thanks

Masao

Masao Matsuoka
5 Replies
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

This is the expected behavior for the current release of this geoprocessing tool (Delete Routes). If a route is selected in a Line Network, all routes in the same line are deleted across time. This is done to ensure users do not end up with any issues with derived networks and events that span routes if we did partial deletions of the routes on a line.

-Amit@esri  | Esri Transportation LRS Team

0 Kudos
MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

Amit,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to delete a route if we are OK with potential issues?

Thanks

Masao

Masao Matsuoka
0 Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

The tool will always delete all routes in the line. 

-Amit

0 Kudos
MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

I am not specifically talking about the GP tool, but wondering if there is any way to delete a route on a line using any other tools?? What happened was I was in the middle of creating a new line and added a route and later realized I should not have added that route. So I have not added any events or anything else, so I do not worry about messing up downstream measures etc. 

Masao Matsuoka
0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@MasaoMatsuoka Versioned editing is highly recommended and is your friend in these erroneous situations. You can undo the changes or delete the version and follow the correct steps.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos