Reference site for management of bridges and structures in ArcGIS?

11-13-2018 02:55 PM
FranMarsh
New Contributor II

I know many government agencies and DoTs use ArcGIS for collection and sharing of bridge inspection/maintenance and attribute data, but the examples I've seen all appear to interface with a separate Bridge Information/Management System. 

Does anyone know of any agencies using ArcGIS to manage bridge, culvert or other structures directly as a standalone solution, with either ArcGIS or a third party interface for the reporting component? We have a bespoke legacy system for structures management with a relatively simple database structure that looks like it might translate fairly easily to the ArcGIS environment. Any reference sites for structures management in ArcGIS, or other feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fran,

> Does anyone know of any agencies using ArcGIS to manage bridge, culvert or other structures directly as a standalone solution, with either ArcGIS or a third party interface for the reporting component?

I'm not sure if the organization is just using ArcGIS stand alone - but they do use ArcGIS to create reporting apps.

Iowa Bridges StoryMap

Iowa DOT Bridges Dashboard

Hope this helps,

FranMarsh
New Contributor II

Thanks Derek

0 Kudos
deleted-user-UxcAu2PHrDQp
Occasional Contributor

Bridge data is managed with Bentley Inspectec but we pull the data from them and merge it with clearance data from Roads & Highways to create the data set using FME.  You can find the data at data.iowadot.gov

FranMarsh
New Contributor II

Thanks Eric

0 Kudos