Model Builder Script for Calculating Geometry Attributes Using If Selection Exists Logic

Jump to solution
09-16-2021 01:12 PM
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I need HELP!

Quick Disclaimer:  I am NOT A PYTHON PROGRAMMER although I am trying to learn!

Here is the situation:

I am running ArcGISPro 2.8.  I have built a model which calculates geometry attributes for a feature class record if it is selected.  When I run the model manually without the script, it works, but when I export the model to a script, I get this error:

File "K:\GIS_TOOLS\Toolbox\Toolbox.tbx#GeoCalc_NewToolbox.py", line 6
def # NOT IMPLEMENTED# Function Body not implemented
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

See python window for the script.  Does anyone know why I am getting this error?  I have googled it and I can't seem to get anywhere. 😥

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
"""
Generated by ArcGIS ModelBuilder on : 2021-09-16 15:21:14
"""
import arcpy
def #  NOT  IMPLEMENTED# Function Body not implemented

def GeometryCalc():  # GeometryCalc

# To allow overwriting outputs change overwriteOutput option to True.
    arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = False

arcpy.ImportToolbox(r"c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx")
    # Model Environment settings
    with arcpy.EnvManager(scratchWorkspace=r"C:\Users\abishop\AppData\Local\Temp\ArcGISProTemp10544\1ba0f558-c873-4c6c-be6d-dc08393016c0\Default.gdb", workspace=r"C:\Users\abishop\AppData\Local\Temp\ArcGISProTemp10544\1ba0f558-c873-4c6c-be6d-dc08393016c0\Default.gdb"):
        parcel = "I:\\users\\abishop\\DATA\\CadastreCopy.gdb\\parcel"

# Process: Select Layer By Attribute (Select Layer By Attribute) (management)
        parcel_Layer, Count = arcpy.management.SelectLayerByAttribute(in_layer_or_view=parcel, selection_type="NEW_SELECTION", where_clause="GIS_ACRES IS NULL", invert_where_clause="")

# Process: If Selection Exists (If Selection Exists) ()
        True_48, False_49 = #  NOT  IMPLEMENTED(in_layer_or_view=parcel_Layer, selection_condition="EXISTS", count=0, count_min=0, count_max=0)

# Process: Calculate Geometry Attributes (Calculate Geometry Attributes) (management)
        if True_48:
            parcel_Layer_2_ = arcpy.management.CalculateGeometryAttributes(in_features=parcel_Layer, geometry_property=[["GIS_ACRES", "AREA"]], length_unit="", area_unit="ACRES", coordinate_system="PROJCS[\"NAD_1983_StatePlane_Florida_West_FIPS_0902_Feet\",GEOGCS[\"GCS_North_American_1983\",DATUM[\"D_North_American_1983\",SPHEROID[\"GRS_1980\",6378137.0,298.257222101]],PRIMEM[\"Greenwich\",0.0],UNIT[\"Degree\",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION[\"Transverse_Mercator\"],PARAMETER[\"False_Easting\",656166.6666666665],PARAMETER[\"False_Northing\",0.0],PARAMETER[\"Central_Meridian\",-82.0],PARAMETER[\"Scale_Factor\",0.9999411764705882],PARAMETER[\"Latitude_Of_Origin\",24.33333333333333],UNIT[\"Foot_US\",0.3048006096012192]]", coordinate_format="SAME_AS_INPUT")[0]

if __name__ == '__main__':
    GeometryCalc()
    print("Geometry Calculation Complete")

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@DanPatterson 

I think I am going to just remove the logical operator from the model so I can export it as a script.  I'll just have to use the select by attributes to get null values and then calculate the geometry of all parcels with null values.  It won't hurt and since there aren't many, it shouldn't be noticeable to the person using the button.

Thank you for your input and time.

Amanda Bishop, GISP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

get rid of this line

def #  NOT  IMPLEMENTED# Function Body not implemented

you can't have a "def" that does nothing

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Now I get this

File "K:\GIS_TOOLS\Toolbox\Toolbox.tbx#GeoCalc_Toolbox.py", line 21
True_48, False_49 = # NOT IMPLEMENTED(in_layer_or_view=parcel_Layer, selection_condition="EXISTS", count=0, count_min=0, count_max=0)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

True_48, False_49     this line is garbage as well, it does nothing

There appears to be remnants of bits from the model that got carried over to the script.

It appears that has meant that the formatting is a bit of a mess.

the path to the data are quite convoluted.

Why do you want to get it to a script?

I suspect you are going to have to do a line by line cleanup

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

OK i'll get rid of that part and see what happens.   I plan to put it in an add-in button using ArcGIS Pro SDK Button Template.  I wasn't successful in calling up the model, so I exported it to a script.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@DanPatterson 

I think I am going to just remove the logical operator from the model so I can export it as a script.  I'll just have to use the select by attributes to get null values and then calculate the geometry of all parcels with null values.  It won't hurt and since there aren't many, it shouldn't be noticeable to the person using the button.

Thank you for your input and time.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos