Current Python Version, and when is Python updated?

Jump to solution
06-29-2022 07:37 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about Python versioning with ArcGIS.  Does the Python interpreter get updated with ArcGIS updates, if available?  What is the latest version of Python with the most current ArcGIS update?  I'm behind a few updates so won't know until I update.  I am looking forward to Python 3.10 with match-case functionality.  Thx.

Tyler  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

python is at 3.9.11 currently.

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

It will be some time before 3.10 is available for common distribution, as you can see,

Anaconda package lists — Anaconda documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

python is at 3.9.11 currently.

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

It will be some time before 3.10 is available for common distribution, as you can see,

Anaconda package lists — Anaconda documentation

... sort of retired...
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thx.  Where do you see timing of distributions?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I usually peruse 3.10.5 Documentation (python.org) , Package repository for anaconda :: Anaconda.org and various github sites (eg numpy, scipy).

As for arcpy, that is up to the development team given arcpy's dependency on other packages (eg numpy etc).  I am sure "someone" there is working with python 3.10 and a future arcpy.

Don't forget, they moved from 3.7 to 3.9 (stable distribution), so I suspect 3.10 will roll out when it is final and stable.

As for match_case, there are alternative approaches/implementations if you want to experiment

pattern-matching-pep634 · PyPI

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos