Oriented Imagery Management Tools - Add images to Oriented Imagery Catalog: Access denied

Jump to solution
09-29-2022 01:21 AM
Giota_Zach
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using the Oriented Imagery Management toolbox. I have created a Catalog and I m trying to add the images (Imagelist) to the catalog using, Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catolog.

I am still getting this error: Access is denied

Can anyone help me with that?

Giota_Zach_0-1664439483256.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Zach, 

I tried to replicate your steps and it worked for me.  This error generally occurs when a file cannot be accessed by the program. 

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? 

Can you try a couple of things as well. 

1. Run ArcGIS Pro as administrator.  and try to add. 

2. Copy to a different location and try to add. 

3. Try on a different machine. 

How were these files copied onto your machine? Did you download a zip file from the cloud and unzip the contents.  Sometimes zip files are blocked by windows. After downloading , you would need to bring up the properties of the zip file and unblock it. Then unzip the contents. 

This seems like an error from the OS. You can google 'winerror 5 access is denied' to see possible solutions. 

Randall 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RandallRebello

Hi Zach, 

Can you please provide some more info regarding what you were doing? 

1. Where did you try loading the image list from.. Was it a list on your local disk or from the web? 

2. The image list should be a text file. It should not have any header, just a list of the images to be added. 

3. The path to the images should be the full path to the image, including the image file extension. 

4. Is the file list on a network shared resources. Would you have the correct permissions to access the file. 

Please check all these possibilities and if the problem still persists then send me copy of the file.

Thanks

Randall 

0 Kudos
Giota_Zach
New Contributor II

Hi RandallRebello,

Thank you very much for reaching out.

1. I m testing a single image, loading from my local disk.

2. It is a JPG file should I create a txt file with the name? I tried it but did not work.

3. I have added the full path including the image extension.

4. No it is not on a network of shared resources.

Giota_Zach_0-1665648194837.png

I can't send the 360 image file since it is more than 9MB.

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Zach, 

I tried to replicate your steps and it worked for me.  This error generally occurs when a file cannot be accessed by the program. 

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? 

Can you try a couple of things as well. 

1. Run ArcGIS Pro as administrator.  and try to add. 

2. Copy to a different location and try to add. 

3. Try on a different machine. 

How were these files copied onto your machine? Did you download a zip file from the cloud and unzip the contents.  Sometimes zip files are blocked by windows. After downloading , you would need to bring up the properties of the zip file and unblock it. Then unzip the contents. 

This seems like an error from the OS. You can google 'winerror 5 access is denied' to see possible solutions. 

Randall 

0 Kudos
Giota_Zach
New Contributor II

Hi Randall,

Running ArcGIS Pro as administrator worked.

Thank you so much! 🙂

Giota

0 Kudos
PhucTran1
New Contributor III

Hi @Giota_Zach,

I tried to run ArcGIS pro as administrator but unfortunately, it's not working. Do we need to do anything else for this issue? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Giota_Zach
New Contributor II

Hi and sorry for the late reply. It worked for me when I ran ArcGIS pro as administrator so not sure what may be your issue.