Extract ArcInfo Grid in AGOL or Pro?

Jump to solution
08-03-2020 01:44 PM
Labels (1)
BenHughey1
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a dataset that a colleague would like to use in analysis, but I can't seem to convert it to a usable format. 

This hosted REST layer, TidalStream/usa_mc_tides (MapServer), appears to be an ArcInfo Grid (but I'm not positive about that).

Ideally, I'd like to extract or clip to the extent around Alaska and convert the file into a modern raster format, to be passed on for use in MatLab. 

None of the geoprocessing tools in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 seem to accept the layer as a supported format. 

Any tips for converting / working with this dataset? 

Thanks!

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Keith-VanGraafeiland
Esri Contributor

Hi Ben, 
The Map Service you are referring to does not allow analysis, just visualization.  It's essentially a "picture" (tiles) of the analytical results. 

I found the layer you mentioned on Marine Cadastre (search for "tide") and there was a link to a "data download" here is the source.... this should be the underlying data used to make the "picture"....

I hope this helps. 

Marine Cadastre - Tide

Keith VanGraafeiland

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DawnWright
Esri Regular Contributor

cc Dan PattersonKevin ButlerKeith VanGraafeiland

------
Dawn Wright (she/her/hers), Ph.D. & GISP | Esri Chief Scientist
0 Kudos
Keith-VanGraafeiland
Esri Contributor

Hi Ben, 
The Map Service you are referring to does not allow analysis, just visualization.  It's essentially a "picture" (tiles) of the analytical results. 

I found the layer you mentioned on Marine Cadastre (search for "tide") and there was a link to a "data download" here is the source.... this should be the underlying data used to make the "picture"....

I hope this helps. 

Marine Cadastre - Tide

Keith VanGraafeiland
BenHughey1
New Contributor II

Thank you Keith VanGraafeiland‌! I was able to bring it into AGP and convert it after the download. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos