Issue loading WMTS-service (LoadStatus = NotLoaded, no LoadError)

Jump to solution
12-20-2022 02:39 AM
LarsNess
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am trying to load a WMTS-service with multiple layers through the ArcGIS Runtime for C# (WPF), but the LoadStatus of the service and the underlying layers always results in NotLoaded.

The WMTS-service is public (https://public-wms.met.no/mapproxy/verportal/wmts).
I have followed the different possible solutions according to this example, but the result is always the same (LoadStatus = NotLoaded, no LoadError).

Is there a known issue with WMTS-service layers in the runtime, or are there any alternative ways to try to load the service? Any tip or suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately WMTS services with dimensions (such as this one) are not supported by Runtime yet.  The service metadata can be loaded, but none of the layers will display.

A number of customers have asked for this feature (for example here and here) so will be prioritizing this soon. Basic support (e.g. being able to show current/latest data for each layer) will probably be in one of the upcoming 200.x releases in 2023.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately WMTS services with dimensions (such as this one) are not supported by Runtime yet.  The service metadata can be loaded, but none of the layers will display.

A number of customers have asked for this feature (for example here and here) so will be prioritizing this soon. Basic support (e.g. being able to show current/latest data for each layer) will probably be in one of the upcoming 200.x releases in 2023.

0 Kudos
LarsNess
New Contributor II

Alright, thank you very much for the quick reply Matvei. I'll try again when the support is there.

Merry Christmas!

0 Kudos
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Looks like this service is also available via WMS at https://public-wms.met.no/verportal/verportal.map?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

I was able to use Runtime's WMSLayer to display most layers from this service:

2022-12-21_151831.png

0 Kudos
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Good news!  We just released 200.1, and it can now use WMTS services with dimensions.  This Meteorologisk institutt service will now load successfully, and display the default dimension value (i.e. latest data) for each layer.

0 Kudos
LarsNess
New Contributor II

Hello again Matvei,

Awesome!
I will try to implement this soon, and return here with some notes about my experience 😄

0 Kudos