Is there a way for ArcGIS runtime for .Net to load point cloud programmatically rather than .slpk file?

Jump to solution
11-18-2021 09:42 PM
ClaudeHe
New Contributor II

Hi, I have thousands of self-defined Lidar data points, each one is defined by latitude, longitude, and altitude as GIS position and a float value as concentration (to be render by different colors in 3D map). These real-time data is collected via some ground-based laser radar and to be displayed synchronously in esri:SceneView, a WPF application, exactly like this:

ClaudeHe_0-1637299796961.png

I spent a couple of days studying here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet, but these samples should load point cloud from some '.slpk' file.

I am not planing to be an expert in GIS, what I want to know is: is there a way for 'ArcGIS Runtime for .Net' to create these points programmatically rather than slpk file?
BTW, my application is a desktop one with no server or portal.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

is there a way for 'ArcGIS Runtime for .Net' to create these points programmatically rather than slpk file?

No there isn't. The SLPK is heavily indexed so that it is possible to handle and render billions of points, even on lower end device - a lot of preprocessing goes into that, so it won't run real-time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ClaudeHe
New Contributor II

If we cannot use ArcGIS runtime to programmatically create point cloud, is it possible to create a slpk file programmatically ?

0 Kudos
ClaudeHe
New Contributor II

Well, it is seemingly possible:  point_cloud_scene_layer_structure, only doubt it is feasibility... 😞
Probably I should give it up...

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

is there a way for 'ArcGIS Runtime for .Net' to create these points programmatically rather than slpk file?

No there isn't. The SLPK is heavily indexed so that it is possible to handle and render billions of points, even on lower end device - a lot of preprocessing goes into that, so it won't run real-time.

0 Kudos