Multiple Hyperlinks in Pop Ups (Arcade)

12-30-2018 03:13 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to link cadastral point data to scanned survey plat .tif files that are available on the web at the following directory. I want to be able to link a point to multiple survey plat files if they exist. 

The point data contains PLSS IDs that I'm able to use to build attribute expressions to create a sort of hyperlink base. An example of a PLSS ID is AZ140040N0080E0.

For example, to the plats within the Rectangular_Survey_Plats_GSRM_PM14/ subfolder:

var PLSSID = $feature["PLSSID"]
var RangeDir = Mid(PLSSID,13,1)
var TwnshpDir = Mid(PLSSID,8,1)
var MeridCode = Mid(PLSSID,2,2)
var MeridText = Iif(MeridCode=="14",'GSRM',Iif(MeridCode=="22",'NSM',Iif(MeridCode=="27",'SBM',0)))

Concatenate(['https://www.blm.gov/az/surveys/Scanned_Survey_Plats','/','Rectangular_Survey_Plats_',MeridText,"_PM",MeridCode,"/",TwnshpDir,RangeDir,"/",PLSSID,"-"])

My issue is that the plat numbers in the file names that follow the PLSS ID (3001, 3002, etc) are not stored in the cadastral point data so I cannot reference them. In theory, people are adding to the directory of survey plats so the range of plat numbers could change, although right now they seem to range from 3001 - 3027 (with some typos).

Is it possible to link to the various files using Arcade?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

HI Kerry Gaiz ,

I'm afraid that Arcade is not able to scan a folder to retrieve the plat numbers you mentioned. You could create a list of hyperlinks to the plat numbers 3001 - 3027, but this will not be very userfriendly since, as far as I understand, most hyperlinks will not be available. Is there any other way you can get access to the plat numbers?

kg76
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Xander. If the plat numbers were stored as a related table would that help? Trying to figure out if our cadastral staff were willing to reconsider how they name the survey plat files or serve them up if we could achieve that one-to-many relationship and have multiple surveys linked in a pop up of a single point.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

If the related table is part of the web map or in the same datastore, then it would be possible to retrieve the plat numbers and construct the URL.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

In addition, just to bear in mind, although Arcade in the Popup can return a list of URL's, you will need to use custom HTML to make them into actual URL's

Something more on this topic here: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2017/07/18/conditional-field-disp... 

This will require an Arcade expression for every link.

GregDunnigan
New Contributor III

I know this is an old thread, so if there is an updated thread I would love to see it.

But if I have a custom Arcade expression that delivers the exactly results that you have screenshotted above (Multiple URLs), do you have an example of how to create the Arcade expression for every link that you talk about?  I could have anywhere from 2-10 possible hyperlinks.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos