View license usage without administrative privileges or alternatively view License usage from other computer

Jump to solution
11-24-2022 02:20 AM
Labels (1)
Bart-JanSchoenmakers
New Contributor III

Hello all,

We have our ArcGIS license manager on a computer where only our colleagues from the system administrator group have administrative privileges.

Whenever we want to view the license usage we have to ask them for help.

I would like to know if there exists a possibility to view the license usage as a non administrator through ArcPY script or view the license usage from another computer which has administrative privileges?

Thanks all,

Bart-Jan Schoenmakers

Statistics Portugal

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bart-JanSchoenmakers
New Contributor III

I solved the problem. You can use the lmutil program which is installed with the license server. Ths don't need any administrative privileges.

You can list the licences with “lmutil lmstat”

• Example: lmutil lmstat -c -a "Path to License File"

You can remove the license with “lmutil lmremove”

• Example: lmutil lmremove -c "Path License File" FEATURE USER CLIENT_MACHINE “Display Information”

The syntax needs some attempts, with the following links you’ll find information how to use these commands:

Bart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bart-JanSchoenmakers
New Contributor III

I solved the problem. You can use the lmutil program which is installed with the license server. Ths don't need any administrative privileges.

You can list the licences with “lmutil lmstat”

• Example: lmutil lmstat -c -a "Path to License File"

You can remove the license with “lmutil lmremove”

• Example: lmutil lmremove -c "Path License File" FEATURE USER CLIENT_MACHINE “Display Information”

The syntax needs some attempts, with the following links you’ll find information how to use these commands:

Bart

0 Kudos