The New My Esri Experience is Live!!

12-01-2022 08:03 PM
Labels (1)
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor
1 11 2,431

Mega Menu

The new mega menu helps users find what they are looking for quicker and has the most frequently used workflows accessible through notification badges and interactive dropdowns.

JoshBeaton_0-1669952639030.png

Help and Guidance

The mega menu has designated help resources that are focused on commonly asked questions, workflows, and provides a place for user to give site feedback.

JoshBeaton_1-1669952788793.png

Enhancements were made to the user profile that further ties the experience to permitted features based on the individual. Examples include a ‘Developer’ option if the user is associated to an Annual Developer Subscription, and a ‘Store Purchases’ option for showing individual order and fulfilment details. With the use of inline editing, the experience has been streamlined where a user does not have to go to multiple pages to update their profile information.

JoshBeaton_3-1669952858268.png

With the goal of users finding what they are looking for easier, the new model utilizes interactive grids that expand and collapse (+) the display showing detailed information. This practice is used as a standard across the new experience and effectively decreases the amount of click throughs a user needs to accomplish.

Example: Training Records

JoshBeaton_4-1669952942557.png

Action Icon Selectors

Knowing that My Esri is used globally, creating an experience that supports translation can be difficult. Where applicable, new modal driven action icon selections have been added.

Example: Technical Support Cases

JoshBeaton_5-1669953002650.png

Manage Users

From the main mega menu, you can access all users associated to your organization and manage their permissions. On the Manage Users page, the new look allows you to view and update your user’s permissions easier while remaining on the full user’s list page.

JoshBeaton_7-1669953105252.png

Additional tools and reporting are available in the Manage Permissions feature such as user tagging, viewing user list in grid format, and viewing changes to user permissions through a log.

Software License & Download Management

To assist users when choosing the correct options for licensing an Esri product, the experience has been updated to grouping the product licenses and implementing a more user-friendly starting point with the addition of large product icon selectors.

JoshBeaton_8-1669953195745.png

A similar experience was created for the downloads page along with the most current versions available from the mega menu dropdown for easy access and consistency.

JoshBeaton_9-1669953253892.png

Support

The support user experience has been modified to provide a clearer distinction between technical support and customer service support channels. This has been accomplished through updated taxonomy and actionable features displayed under pertinent categories.

JoshBeaton_10-1669953322034.png

Developers

To move away from the current confusing User Interface experience, the new site has created a unique stand-alone Developer setting. For the scenario when an end user is not connected to My Esri and is sent an email to subscribe to an Annual Developer subscription, once they select the option in the email, they are now taken directly to the new Developer Subscription home landing page.

JoshBeaton_11-1669953411475.png

The end user now has an uncoupled interface where they can access all of the software entitlements at the mega menu level that are part of the Annual Developer Subscription.

If an end user is connected to My Esri already and is associated to an organization, when accepting access to an Annual Developer Subscription through the email, the experience will send them to the same Developer Subscription landing page, however if they need to access their organizations portal, selecting the My Esri home page icon takes them to the organizations profile page and they can get back through the option under the gear icon.

JoshBeaton_12-1669953478176.png

11 Comments
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I will be using the old UI for as long as you keep it around, so please keep the option around for a long time to switch back to old/classic UI.

I find the new UI cumbersome, worse in several areas than the old UI.  I have also been running into lots of issues with filters not working correctly, so I just switch back to classic UI and get what I need in a few seconds.

PLEASE (yes, all caps) bring back the Quick Search for Esri Support cases, defects, etc...

JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the feedback. I am sorry you find the new UI experience cumbersome. Over the past year we have had the beta site live to seek user feedback and make updates based on any shortcomings. It would be very helpful if you could provide some specifics in the areas you have found unsatisfactory so that we may enhance them as we continue our regularly scheduled releases. As per the Quick Search and filter items mentioned, we are aware and will be striving to have them available in early January. 

Hope all is well,

Josh

AniketD
New Contributor II

Hello @JoshBeaton ,

Can you please share any update on the Quick search Functionality not available in the new My Esri UI? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aniket D

TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

@AniketD 

(I'm not Josh, but:) The Quick Searches were added to the new experience with our release last Thursday evening, 1/19. Try them out, and see what you think.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@TeresaDolan, thanks for the update.  I will definitely try them out soon because it was a feature I relied on extensively.

AniketD
New Contributor II

Hello @TeresaDolan ,

Thank you so much for sharing the information. This is great and I hope it helps a lot more people too.

Best regards,

Aniket D

feralcatcolonist_old
Occasional Contributor II

How does one view attachments you've put onto a case in the new MyEsri?  It shows that 3 files are attached with no way to review them.

MelissaK
New Contributor II

Hello. Is there a roadmap of when the classic My Esri interface will retire? Thanks! 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re-orienting myself to this new setup will take time, so like posting reviews on Amazon products before testing it out, I'll wait before issuing a verdict.  The one side effect I do not like, is now all old forum posts, blog posts, stackexchange/reddit posts, etc. about myESRI queries are obsolete.  Yesterday I was following a path to access some info on my AGOL account via myESRI, and the best resources I found were essentially screenshots from the previous UI.  I could not find how to translate those instructions to the new UI, so I reverted to the previous.  Judgement TBD...

JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

@MelissaK  Thanks for your question regarding the roadmap for deprecating classic My Esri. We have been working hard this year to update the new site with enhancements where we have received feedback from users to ensure functionality is available before we deprecate. That being said, we are getting close to fully transitioning and the hope is to move forward in the coming months. Official communication will go out on a concrete date soon. 

JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User Thanks for your post and feedback regarding the outdated content. We are trying to uncover all of these places and replace them with new content. I would be very helpful if you could provide the path you followed so I can work with the content team for updating. Also, we do have a new My Esri 101 training course available in the Esri Academy that may help with the ArcGIS Online account questions. That training utilized the new site also. 

About the Author
I am orginally from Ottawa Ontario Canada and have lived in the US for about 18 years (Philadelphia and California). I currently live in Redlands and work as a Customer Experience Program Manager for Esri.