Modelbuilder drag and drop interface empty after importing shared model.

Jump to solution
09-21-2021 03:38 AM
Labels (2)
SeanBlaney
New Contributor

I have created a simple model to automatically delineate a watershed and create a stream network in Pro 2.8.3, however after saving the toolbox and respective model in Project_1 and opening it in Project_2, the visual model builder is empty.

Though it's empty, I can still export the model to Python in Project_2, as well as run a report that would suggest the model is there - just not visible in the drag and drop interface.

Any suggestions gratefully received?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are saving in ArcMap format. Pro sometimes can't read ArcMap format toolboxes, and the save as function doesn't always work perfectly because of differences between ArcMap and Pro. I suggest saving it in the default (Pro) format, not in ArcMap 10.5 format.

If you just want a copy of the toolbox in a new project, use copy paste, not save as.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm assuming the picture is the model in project 1. Though it's not clear to me what "empty" means. Do you mean the boxes are gray or the tools and variables are not visible?

If the latter, have you tried hitting the auto format button, or zoomed the model?

0 Kudos
SeanBlaney
New Contributor

Thanks for replying.

Empty as in the tools and variables are not visible.

I have just tried to save the toolbox then subsequently adding the toolbox to the same project. Unfortunately the result is the same - there is nothing visible in the drag and drop interface.

Auto format and zoom do not appear to do anything.

I'm saving the toolbox / model as per the image attached if that is relevant?

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are saving in ArcMap format. Pro sometimes can't read ArcMap format toolboxes, and the save as function doesn't always work perfectly because of differences between ArcMap and Pro. I suggest saving it in the default (Pro) format, not in ArcMap 10.5 format.

If you just want a copy of the toolbox in a new project, use copy paste, not save as.

0 Kudos
SeanBlaney
New Contributor

Ah that was is - I missed the drop down arrow on the save button on the ribbon as it was greyed out.

That was the issue though, many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos