Model working in edit mode but not when run normally.

10-07-2020 10:58 AM
DanielCross
New Contributor

I'm trying to make a fairly simple model in Arc Desktop 10.7 and it works just fine, all outputs are as expected, when I run it from model builder. When I try to run it from the toolbox normally or in debug mode it runs without any errors or notifications about missing or empty features. However it is missing several intermediate outputs and 1 of the 2 final outputs.

The parts that seem to be failing are 2 clips, 2 polyline->raster, and then a final raster calculation. The missing raster calc is probably due to not having an input, but oddly the other raster calc seems to work without the input from one of the missing polyline->raster's.

I've tried to run it on two computers incase its something with the Arc installation. I've run in in Pro. It is running in the foreground and I've check for lock files.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so were you able to fix it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Have you checked that these missing outputs are not set to be intermediate? Right click on the green bubble in model builder and untick if necessary. An intermediate output is deleted on completion of a model run when the model is run as a tool and not from within model builder itself.

0 Kudos