Model Builder output feature issue

06-24-2021 02:27 PM
Labels (1)
MadelineMaiorella
New Contributor

I am currently using ArcGIS Pro (2.8.1) to update a model that was built for a previously completed project. I have input my updated data (updated line networks) into the model and keep receiving an error saying "ERROR 000210: Cannot create output C:(my file path)". I have ensured that the file path is correct and exists.  The model worked correctly for the those using it in the previous project and all I I've done is swap out the original networks for my updated ones. I researched the error and only found that it could be caused by an incorrect file path or a data lock. I am fairly new to GIS and am not sure if there is relevant info I am leaving out, so please let me know if additional screenshots or info are needed. Any possible fixes and suggestions as to why the output is failing would be much appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE: looked at the screen shot and the output path is:

C:\Users\jami\Documents\Capstone_20minCity\Tempe_20minCityGDB\ModelOutput2021.gdb\BikeAll\BikeAll_Grocery_Stores

Are you sure that both the geodatabase ModelOutput2021.gdb exists and the BikeAll feature dataset exists within it?  

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If Curtis' solution is checked, and the issue still persists, then

Check if overwriting existing datasets is checked under Options > Geoprocessing.

JayantaPoddar_0-1624595947451.png

Could you test by creating a new feature dataset with a shorter file path, e.g. C:\Data\Tempe_20minCity\ModelOutput2021.gdb\BikeAll

Try saving the output(s) in this feature dataset.

Think Location
DavinWalker2
Esri Contributor

Data locking may cause this issue as well.

Confirm that the data is not locked by another user or application.