Displaying selected features

03-13-2022 11:44 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am working on an assignment for class, I am designing a webapp which requires custom geoprocessing tool to be created, in ModelBuilder, and exported to a server for deployment.  I have hit a stumbling block, my map will have about 10 layers with millions ( anywhere between 5 and 10) which would make the app incredibly slow if I was to always display the layers, and yes I know I can set visibility ranges but that will not meet the requirement of the tool.  So, I have created a simple model, using just one of the feature classes, which allows for a user to select a point on the map which will then create a buffer to be used for selecting features that fall within the buffer.  This works no problem, but how can I display these selected features on the map, without creating a new dataset/layer?  The reason to not create new data is because this particular dataset is editable, the user will be able to update attributes for these selected features.

I am using ArcMap 10.8.1 for this assignment, and here is a screenshot of my current model.  The buffer, is set as a parameter (user can set buffer size), the feature set parameter is a point feature for the user to select point on map, and I have set the select layer by location as a parameter, and selected add to display, but it only displays the selected features if the footprint layer is currently shown on the map.  

Thanks,

Bill

BillHerzig_0-1647197008313.png

0 Kudos
0 Replies